Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Aquatica Port Extension Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II

Started by waja ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Aquatica Port Extension Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II

3 posts
  1. Has anyone used an Aquatica Housing for shooting a Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II lens?

    I am trying to determine which extension to use.

    The Canon lens chart shows

    Canon Lens                                          Zoom          Focus       Extension

    Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM         48708  AF only     48457
    Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8 L II USM *(2) 48708   19064       48464*(2)

    The problem I have is that the 48457 is 54.5mm and the 48464 is 74.5mm.

    There is a 48459 at 74.5mm.

    Thanks for any information.

    -Rick

  2. I suggest to contact directly Aquatica support. I wanted to use a lens that was no on the chart and contacted them, they determined the best extension for me!

     

  3. The second option is if you want a manual focus gear and the footnote says that the 48464 extension is fitted with a MF gear.  I suspect they don't have an extension that is 54.5mm long and also has a focus gear/knob.  Aquatica should be able to clarify but I expect if don't need a MG control on the extension that the 48457 extension will be the one.

    Edited by ChrisRoss

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.