Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

DYRON SWAL13 screw ring adaptor

Started by sarthur1 ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

DYRON SWAL13 screw ring adaptor

2 posts
  1. Hello all! :)

    I own a Fantasea FA6500 housing with the FML Flat Port 34 and a DYRON SWAL13 wide lens.

    Unfortunately the DYRON screw ring is much like the Inon uwl-h100 type 1, which mean it won't fit my housing's port.

    Is there any adaptor I can purchase for the DYRON SWAL13 for it to have a screw ring like the Inon uwl-h100 type 2?

    just for the understanding of what I'm talking about: http://www.inon.jp/customer/discontinued/lens/uwlh10028m67/top.html

    with the screw ring of the Inon uwl-h100 type 2 I can attach my Fantasea Bayonet System adaptor and use it as my wide angle wet lens but now it just sits on my shelf at home.

    Thank you all :)

  2. So you basically need longer threads to allow it to fit your port?  If that is the case you could buy an m67 filter and remove the glass and add that to the Dyron lens.  You have to make sure the filter had threads front and back as some cheaper filters don't.  You might be able to take it to a photo store to try the fit to see if the filter you are considering is long enough.  I would suggest though to remove it after each use so it doesn't become stuck on the lens.

    As an aside, the SWAL13 is designed for compact cameras, you may be a little disappointed with the quality on an APS-C sensor.

    Edited by ChrisRoss

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.