Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Christmas Tree Worm, Bonaire

Started by phxazcraig ·

  • 20Posts
  • 20Replies

Read-only discussion

Christmas Tree Worm, Bonaire

20 posts
  1. I've shot a lot of Christmas Tree worms, but this one came out exceptionally nice.   Done on my last dive in Bonaire at the end of the Digital Shootout 2022.

    220617-075258-09-D850.jpg

  2. Wow, yeah, that is super shot - well done. I've taken dozens of CTW shots but never got one to come out like that. Did you use a snoot?

  3. Indeed, that is a spectacular image!  Inward lighting perhaps?  

  4. Shot with backscatter miniflash and snoot.

     

  5. Thanks. Super, super pic. Well done!

  6. A couple more.  These both have a small fish involved, which I'm asking about in the critter id foum:

    220611-150838-08-D850.jpg

    220611-152233-74-D850.jpg

  7. Your pics aren't showing up.

    -Tinman

  8. On 6/25/2022 at 7:20 PM, Tinman said:

    Your pics aren't showing up.

    -Tinman

    Yes, and I'm trying to figure out why.  I linked to my web server, and I think the links broke when I reloaded the images.   Let me try to repost them.

     

  9. On 6/20/2022 at 4:45 PM, phxazcraig said:

    I've shot a lot of Christmas Tree worms, but this one came out exceptionally nice.   Done on my last dive in Bonaire at the end of the Digital Shootout 2022.

    220617-075258-09-D850.jpg

    Reposting with new links to the image.  For some reason I can't just copy the URL link in now, so I'll have to point to the web page it is on:

    https://www.cjcphoto.net/bonaire2022/images/page124.html 

    Which worries me as the page number will change if I edit the site...

     

     

  10. Your link doesn't seem to be working. I tried going to https://cjcphoto.net with a Yahoo search and nothing would open either.

    -Tinman

  11. On 7/1/2022 at 2:45 PM, Tinman said:

    Your link doesn't seem to be working. I tried going to https://cjcphoto.net with a Yahoo search and nothing would open either.

    -Tinman

    Can you at least bring up the www.cjcphoto.net main page?  (Do I need to replace the certificate perhaps?)   I'm seeing the links work for me right now, but I may be bringing up the pages via internal LAN instead of via internet.

  12. Cant see the images :-(

  13. 3 hours ago, diggy said:

    Cant see the images :-(

    No, me neither

  14. Nope, https://cjcphoto.net/ won't open any page for me. I'd really like to see your pics, but nothing seems to be working.

    -Tinman

  15. How about now?   I glitched something in the firewall some days ago trying to set up a mail server.  I managed to cut off my webserver, but it should be available again now, and the images should, I think, just display now?

    Here's a test image:

    220611-153125-63-D850.jpg

  16. very nice. I  can see clearly now :D

  17. Yep! Well done. 

  18. Here's one more, with a question.   Since I already had two shots of a Sea Fan Blenny in or next to a Christmas Tree Worm, is there another fish in the worm in this shot?  Or is that some part of the worm itself?

    220617-075617-52-D850.jpg

     

  19. 57 minutes ago, phxazcraig said:

    Or is that some part of the worm itself?

    Part of the worm, I think. 

    Just looking at the first pic again, Craig. That has to be one of the best Christmas Tree worm pics I have seen. Fabulous. It's a piece of art.

  20. On 7/8/2022 at 1:26 PM, TimG said:

    Part of the worm, I think. 

    Just looking at the first pic again, Craig. That has to be one of the best Christmas Tree worm pics I have seen. Fabulous. It's a piece of art.

    Sure wish I'd taken it a day earlier.   Might have won me a nice prize in the contest.  Prizes like a week on a liveaboard in the Solomon islands.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.