Hi
Looking for help from anyone using the S-Turtle smart trigger on a Sony A7 series, specifically I have the A7RIV with Retra Pro X strobes.
I have two problems:
1. The trigger uses a ‘smart connection’ (not the dumb firing method), so when I switch it on the camera automatically goes to Live View Off mode. This negates a big benefit of a mirrorless camera as it is no longer WYSIWYG . E.g if I want to shoot macro using just torches, the view is blown out and it’s impossible to see the subject to get accurate focus.
2. I can’t get a shutter speed higher than 1/250. As soon as the trigger is turned on (experimented on land with housing open) it immediately limits me to the flash sync limit of 1/250. Yet the combination trigger and strobe should be capable of high speed sync?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks