Looks like Ikelite has announced a new housing for the OM-1, but kind of took a step backwards in doing so:
I’m not seeing a way to actuate the front on-camera dial wheel. There are only two dial controls on the top of the housing; one looks to actuate the on/off switch, the other the mode dial. This sits opposed to Ikes EM-1 III housing which has 4 dials on top.
This is interesting, as on Ikelites site, they note “Controls for all camera functions except multi-selector, one touch white balance button, Fn lever, preview button, and diopter adjustment dial”. They likely are ‘cheating’ a bit here and assuming they’ll have the user assign exposure controls to the 4-way selector. But it feels a bit disingenuous to not call this out on the product page.
I’ll credit Ikelite that this was likely done to get the camera into the smaller housing line that they’ve historically used for the OM-D series. For a while the ‘coming soon’ page said they’d need a new housing type, and my fear was they were going to do with this what they’re doing with sonys camera line; using the much larger DSLR type housing which leaves lots of empty space in the housing.
Personally when I get an OM-1 later this year, I’ll still go with Ikelite. But this is a bit of a bummer for sure.