Hi
With VR headsets becoming increasingly more popular, I am having difficulties to find available UW solutions for shooting in 3D VR180 formats . Apparently the best performance for the money will be the Canon EOS R5 with the Canon RF 5.2 mm F2.8 L dual fisheye lens. But as far as I know there is no UW housing solution for this.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Marcelo Krause
What about using two parallel gopro, insta360 or similar action cameras (for video)?
Marcelo, contact Gates https://www.gateshousings.com/contacts/ and ask for me. I may have something you can use.
J-
On 6/28/2022 at 11:15 AM, Marcelo Krause said:
Hi
With VR headsets becoming increasingly more popular, I am having difficulties to find available UW solutions for shooting in 3D VR180 formats . Apparently the best performance for the money will be the Canon EOS R5 with the Canon RF 5.2 mm F2.8 L dual fisheye lens. But as far as I know there is no UW housing solution for this.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks
Marcelo Krause
An underwater solution for the RF 5.2mm F2.8 L dual fisheye lens would be interesting. I wonder what would happen if you shoot that behind a regular dome port?
6 hours ago, dreifish said:
An underwater solution for the RF 5.2mm F2.8 L dual fisheye lens would be interesting. I wonder what would happen if you shoot that behind a regular dome port?
Specs say it 121mm wide so it would not fit through the N120- or even the 125mm ports from Marelux most likely. Beyond that the optics of a dome port depend on symmetry so a single dome would introduce distortions I would think. It would have a completely different optical path length from one side to the other of each individual lens. You might be able to make a custom N120-N200 adapter to use it?
Hello. Any news about the way to use Canon RF 5.2mm f/2.8L Dual Fisheye underwater?
I shot a 3d video for the Aquarium of the Americas in New Orleans.I tried two Sony action cams in two separate housing2 about 70mm apart. Ok results. My best results came from a stereo set up with two GoPro 2s they were able to be synchronized . I was edited on the then GoPro app. Also there are several ways to view 3d video. Red -blue glass or polarized . Not sure what the VR glasses would need.