Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

Free Photo Management Software - Digibookshelf

Started by james ·

  • 15Posts
  • 15Replies

Read-only discussion

Free Photo Management Software - Digibookshelf

15 posts
  1. Free Photo Management Software - Digibookshelf

    Hi Gang,

     

    I received an email from Yuji Minami which I thought I should share with you:

     

    My name is Yuji Minami, writing on behalf of TriWorks Corp., a software developer located in Tokyo, Japan. I'm writing this to suggest one of our software, which we though, might be enjoyed many of your members. It's called DigiBookShelf 2005(v.11), and is basically a Digital Photo Album software, but is quite unique among many others in that it lets you import photos or videos in page-flipping albums that are all stored on virtual bookshelf. The layout or bookcover can be changed with skins, which are downloadable. The latest program is v.11, but we'd like to ask you if we could donate a previous version, version 10 PRO. It lets you burn albums, slideshow, edit pictures, or make backup, etc, among others. Though we have a number of general users but would like to know how it could serve purposes for photographers.

     

    Mr Minami has now set up a free download licensed version for Wetpixel users:

     

    We set up a URL on our server for you and your members to download the program. Also, we prepared a brief program overview in graphic program, and it's attached as a jpeg file. Please take a look at it, and we believe, it will help you more than my words.

     

    Please feel free to let me know for any questions. The program downloadable from the link is fully licensed, and you're more than welcome to share it with your staffs, and members either by giving this link out, or burn it on a CD for your members. Either way convenient for you.

     

    DigiBookShelf v.10 Pro:

    URL:

    http://www.digibook.com/en/test/DBS10PRO/P100TRENG.EXE

    Program page:

    http://www.digibook.com/en

     

    Questions from you or your members will all be welcome. Please feel free to do so.

    For technical questions:

    support@digibook.com

     

    I think Mr. Minami would like some enterprising Wetpixel users to give their program a try and give them some feedback. I'm thankful that he's given us one more photo management program to use.

     

    Of course, we're not affiliated with them or anything - I just posted this for general interest. Enjoy.

     

    Cheers

    James

  2. Hi everyone,

     

    First, I'd like to thank James for posting the thread about our software we'd like to donate.

     

    If anyone out there has any questions regarding the program, please feel free to email us at this address:

     

    Technical questions or comments:

    support@digibook.com

     

    Enjoy!

  3. Is it safe to assume this is for the PC only? (it is a .exe download)

     

    The graphic artist that did the info page above included an Apple Cinema Display, leading to my confusion!

     

    btw, since I am a multi-platform kind of a guy, I will be happy to download this and give it a whirl!

  4. Supported OS

    Yes. This program runs only in Windows platform.

     

    Unfortunately, not Mac support as of this version.

     

    Windows 98SE, 2000, ME, XP

  5. Hi everyone,

     

    First, I'd like to thank James for posting the thread about our software we'd like to donate.

     

    If anyone out there has any questions regarding the program, please feel free to email us at this address:

     

    Technical questions or comments:

    support@digibook.com

     

    Enjoy!

     

    Thanks you for the software, I will give it a good workout. Would you concider opening this offer to a F Mount forum I belong to? It was formally a FujiFilm S2Pro forum but has grown to include all Fmount digital SLR's. I know they would enjoy it too!

     

    http://www.theswampbbs.com/forums/index.php

     

    Thanks Again!

  6. DigiBookShelf v.10 Pro

    Hi Frank,

     

    Yes. We'd be happy to offer to the users in "F Mount forum". However, having visited the forum, we wonder which specific forum'll be most appropriate for us to post the thread. Since you know are familiar with the forum, would you like to post the thread including the url to the program for us? Or if you could notify the administrator, that'd be great, too. Otherwise, we'll find time to get to it when we can.

     

    Thanks for your interest Frank. Hope you all will enjoy the program.

     

    Yuji Minami

  7. Interesting...the GUI looks VERY similar to my Olympus Marine 3 software that I picked up in Japan...

  8. Hi there JohnJohnsonIII,

     

    Interesting...the GUI looks VERY similar to my Olympus Marine 3 software that I picked up in Japan...

     

    Yes. We develop the program, but unfortunately it's only available in Japan market as of now. The program is sold under Olympus name because they are our primal distributor.

     

    Here's the page:

    http://triworks.com/english/package.html

     

    Thanks JohnJohnsonIII.

    Enjoy!

  9. That's fine. I use the Japanese software, actually. I have not yet used the feature that connects my Suunto to the Marine 3, though. I believe I have Marine 1,2, and 3...is there a new version out?

    実は3.0を買ったけどあまり使ってないです。携帯電話に写真をアップロードしたかったから買った。じゃあ、英語版が出てればちょっと使ってみたいな・・・アメリカの携帯用の壁紙も作れますか?

     

    --John

  10. Re: DigiBookShelf v.10 Pro

    Hi Frank,

     

    Yes. We'd be happy to offer to the users in "F Mount forum". However, having visited the forum, we wonder which specific forum'll be most appropriate for us to post the thread. Since you know are familiar with the forum, would you like to post the thread including the url to the program for us? Or if you could notify the administrator, that'd be great, too. Otherwise, we'll find time to get to it when we can.

     

    Thanks for your interest Frank. Hope you all will enjoy the program.

     

    Yuji Minami

     

    Domo Arigato Yuji-san! It was posted by the admin.

  11. That's fine. I use the Japanese software, actually. I have not yet used the feature that connects my Suunto to the Marine 3, though. I believe I have Marine 1,2, and 3...is there a new version out?

    実は3.0を買ったけどあまり使ってないです。携帯電話に写真をアップロードしたかったから買った。じゃあ、英語版が出てればちょっと使ってみたいな・・・アメリカの携帯用の壁紙も作れますか?

     

    Hi John,

     

    The most current one is v.3.0. It'd be great if we could release the English ver. in the near future. As of now, I don't think it's possible for the program to create a background image for cellphones sold in US.

    Thanks for using Marine 3.0 program.

     

    Have a good day. - Yuji

  12. Hmm...I might try using this to categorize images by species...

     

    ~Matt Segal

  13. Hmm...I might try using this to categorize images by species...

     

    ~Matt Segal

     

    Hi Matt,

     

    Not only you can categorize images by each album, but also by bookshelves. You can create multiple bookshelves, each of which you can name accordingly.

     

    yuji

  14. Question - Does it store a new copy of the image in the bookshelf...or does it always reference the original image on the HD?

     

    ~Matt Segal

  15. Hi Matt,

     

    Question - Does it store a new copy of the image in the bookshelf...or does it always reference the original image on the HD?

     

    By default, yes. But you can set the program to reference the original image without making a copy of the image.

     

    How to:

     

    Right click on a bookshelf in an empty area to open a menu.

    Click [Preferences Button] on top center, then [Preferences...]

    Scroll to the right and click [Others1] tab, then check in [Enable Link].

     

    That's it. After this, Any pictures imported into an album will look for the original images.

     

    Thanks Matt.

     

    Yuji

WaterPixels Store

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.