Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

been a while...

Started by MikeVeitch ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

been a while...

5 posts
  1. been a while...

    Howdy all,

     

    Well i am in Yap now, been here about a month. Life is good, great mantas and better mandarinfish. Got some great shots of the mating, but have been mostly shooting video to make money!

     

    Haven't been on site for a while as internet is exceedingly slow 52kps dial up connection, and i spend all my computer time rendering video!

    Pain in the ass is that one.

     

    Anyone know of a cheap easy way of converting NTSC to PAL?

     

    On another note, check out www.asiandiver.com

    Got the cover for this month.

     

    Guess we'll have to pull that shot from the contest eh? Guess i'm no longer eligible for that...

     

    Mike aka YapMike now!

  2. Hi Mike, glad to hear that you are liking your new job.....it's certainly a nice place to be :)

     

    Congrats on the AsianDiver cover.....I'm curious, how did that happen? Did you already know them? Did you send them the shot for consideration? Did they ask you for a particular shot?

     

    Karl

  3. Hi Mike,

     

    Welcome back! It was good to meet you at DEMA. I signed up for asian diver when I was there (couldn't resist the pretty girls at the booth I guess) so I look fwd to getting the issue. Congrats!

     

    Cheers

    James

  4. Hey guys, yea Yap is a good place to be. Lots of diving for me, good after 6 months off.

    ALso good to meet you at DEMA James, even if you thought i was going to be a crusty old guy! Ha ha

    Here i was thinking you had a full beard...must be the oil rig photos

     

    Karl, as for Asian Diver cover, all about the cute girls James was talking about....

    Actually, i have done some writing for them and have a couple of articles coming out as well. Have been able to create a good relationship with them. For the last 6 months of not working full time i worked my butt off bugging different mags and writing etc. Has paid off as i have 4 different things in 4 different mags at the moment.

     

    Thats the key, persistence

     

    Mike

  5. Good stuff, Mike! Glad to hear you're all settled in now. Wish I would have known you were in town for DEMA. I didn't make it to the show itself, but I was at a number of impromptu happy hours and dinners.

     

    Cheers,

    smash

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.