Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

End of the Tokina 10-17 lens

Started by TimG ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

End of the Tokina 10-17 lens

6 posts
  1. I’ve just read Tokina are ending the classic DX 10-17 lens. Oy. :o

    There will be price increases on their other lenses but the 10-17 is one of three to be discontinued. 
     

    End of an era. 

  2. It was a great lens for underwater.

  3. I wonder if anything will be made for mirrorless?

  4. 7 hours ago, Interceptor121 said:

    I wonder if anything will be made for mirrorless?

    indeed. Fingers crossed - although it needs, of course, a good APS-C mirrorless body

  5. Thom Hogan discusses some of this in his two blogs today. See especially towards the end of this one: https://www.zsystemuser.com/nikon-z-system-news-and/what-would-third-party.html of

    BTW I have been using the Nikon 8-15 via FTZ on my Z6 with no issues. Have not shot it on the Z9 yet; waiting for darkness (only twilight due to spring-summer) and a clear night.

    Edited by Tom_Kline
  6. Thanks, Tom.

     

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.