Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Sony A1 playback question

Started by pooley ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Sony A1 playback question

5 posts
  1. Hi all, 

    I'm trying to set up my Sony A1 for underwater use. Normally, topside, I have the EVF / monitor option set to auto, so when I look through the viewfinder the EVF comes into play, then as I remove my eye from the viewfinder, the rear monitor takes over. That's fine for regular wildlife topside shooting. 

    However, once the camera is sat in my Nauticam housing (with 45 degree viewfinder attached in case that makes any difference) the rear monitor takes over permanently as the sensor next to the EVF doesn't seem to activate. 

    What I'd ideally like to do is use the EVF when I'm shooting, then have the option  of keeping my eye to the viewfinder and viewing the playback there, or moving away from the camera to look at the rear screen.

    Does anybody have any idea on settings, as at the moment I have to choose full time EVF or full time monitor

    cheers

    Mike

  2. I set my Sony A-1 to EVF and then you can assign the LCD to a button or lever of your choice. This allows you to shift between the two very quickly. I have done the same to switch between full frame and APS-C modes which I sometimes like to use for macro. I have done two A-1 reviews (different housings) for uwpmag.com which you can find in back issues that describe several useful settings changes that can be made for U/W use.

  3. I set my Sony A-1 to EVF and then you can assign the LCD to a button or lever of your choice. This allows you to shift between the two very quickly. I have done the same to switch between full frame and APS-C modes which I sometimes like to use for macro. I have done two A-1 reviews (different housings) for uwpmag.com which you can find in back issues that describe several useful settings changes that can be made for U/W use.

    Cheers Phil, I’ll look again at those articles.

    If I’ve read this right then, I can assign one of the custom function buttons to switch between the 2?

    If so, that could solve the issue

    Thanks

    Mike


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Yes. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.