Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Micro four thirds view finders 180 or 45

Started by Glynn Phillips ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Micro four thirds view finders 180 or 45

7 posts
  1. Thoughts on use of either? Recently got a OMD 10 Mark iii in Nauticam housing. It’s a fair chunk of cash having never used one before 

  2. Depends on what you shoot, if you are doing macro, a 45° is the way to go, but it does have a learning curve for aiming when you are in close.

  3. 45° is the optimum for many. Only few people are not able to learn to deal with it, then 180° (or no viewfinder) is better. I use the 45° not only for macro, but for everything (Nauticam EM1II)...

     

    Wolfgang

    Edited by Architeuthis
  4. 13 hours ago, Glynn Phillips said:

    Thoughts on use of either? Recently got a OMD 10 Mark iii in Nauticam housing. It’s a fair chunk of cash having never used one before 

    The 180 viewfinder is less useful than the 45 because it can be replace by the LCD and also looking directly into the one built in the housing

    The 45 is useful for shooting at awkward angle but takes time to get used to. If you want to buy one because you can't deal with the LCD as is this is the one to go for

  5. I’ve only had the housing in the water once so it’s a little bit early to gauge the lcd, but all the photos where darker using the lcd in the Nauticam than when using the Olympus housing for my EPL5. I tried the built in viewfinder it’s just that little bit to small. 

  6. Do you mean the photo's were darker than the LCD suggested?  If that's the case, have you looked at the Live View settings (D2)? They are restricted to two settings only, Live View Boost (maximum) or  'exposure preview'. Viewfinder settings are more subtle (I).

    I use the 45°, love how low I can position the camera while making CFWA and macro shots.

    Edited by Floris Bennema
  7. 2 hours ago, Floris Bennema said:

    I use the 45°, love how low I can position the camera while making CFWA and macro shots.

    I just got the AOI 90° for this same purpose for my AOI EPL10 housing. Im looking forward to trying it out.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.