Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Shots into the Blue

Started by clarkedje ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Shots into the Blue

4 posts
  1. Shots into the Blue

    All the shots I have seen on this site taken facing the blue come out with that perfect transparent look. Whenever I try to do this, I end up with hundreds of red dots all over the shot and the blue just looking like a splattered wall. This happens no matter how powerful I have the strobe on and no matter how close I am to the subject. Is there likely to be something else I am doing wrong or is it just my camera (ricoh rr30 in Sea & Sea dx3000 housing)?

    Any help would be much appreciated.

    Thanks

    Dom

  2. do you have any exmaples .... ?

  3. If you are using an on camera strobe, you won't have much luck, other than searching for clearer water.

     

    If off camera, you want to point the strobe, so it does not light up the water right in front of the lens, and instead it just brushes the subject, with the edge of the beam.

     

    Or, it could be Rabbit Fever.

     

    Don

  4. If you don't have an external strobe you need to take close up shots so you don't light up the suspended particles. Get an external strobe and was mentioned earlier don't light up the column of water between your lens and subject.

     

    Tony

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.