Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

BLUE PARADISES : ANDAMAN SEA (Thailand)

Started by oliveb ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

BLUE PARADISES : ANDAMAN SEA (Thailand)

9 posts
  1. Hi there,

    Video on a mixed diving trip (half dive center - half Liveaboard) in Thailand in March 2022.

    First we head towards the region of Krabi and Koh Lanta in the south, diving in Koh Haa, the archipelago is pretty, few divers, visi 25 meters.Then back to Phuket, some very good sites: Racha Noi, Racha Yai, King Cruiser and Shark Point : to be transparent, the visi is very random on King Cruiser (7 meters) or Shark Point (15 meters)

    Finally a "Similans and Surin" liveaboard, for this part I don't have too many words...however, what impressed me the most were the diversity of the coral, the colors, the underwater landscapes,  hunting scenes and Richelieu Rock. 

    Shot with 1DX MARKII / Housing Nauticam / Lens SIgma Art 20mm / no Additional lights

    Have a good week.

    Olive 

     

  2. Super Video as always. V V Nice. I notice that the colours are v v good even without lights. BUT at 3.25 should the big eyes not be bright red ? Or they were this colour ?

    Thanks for sharing

     

    Diggy 

  3. 5 hours ago, diggy said:

    Super Video as always. V V Nice. I notice that the colours are v v good even without lights. BUT at 3.25 should the big eyes not be bright red ? Or they were this colour ?

    Thanks for sharing

     

    Diggy 

    Thank you very much Diggy, how are you ? Where are you currently diving ? 

    At 3.25 ...real color ! 

    Thanks for Watching Diggy  :)

     

     

     

  4. The IQ is good but the slow motion is really OTT and painful

  5. Excellent video, I just wish each scene was 3 or 4 times longer to really appreciate the fish.

    Thank you for posting it !!

  6. 14 hours ago, Interceptor121 said:

    The IQ is good but the slow motion is really OTT and painful

    Thank you, yes i like to film in Slowmo and I assume this choice 100%

  7. 12 hours ago, Kraken de Mabini said:

    Excellent video, I just wish each scene was 3 or 4 times longer to really appreciate the fish.

    Thank you for posting it !!

    Thank you very much for watching Kraken, I would also have liked to make a longer video but I would have been told "it's too long"... But I can watch the underwater life for hours without ever getting bored for a single second...

  8. Beautiful, and truly amazing colours in ambient light, really love it (it's also an area I'm very familiar with, and do miss!)

    Do you have a filter on to help white balance or is the Canon 1 DX mark II white balancing like this without one?

     

    Edited by bghazzal
  9. On 9/7/2022 at 11:12 AM, bghazzal said:

    Beautiful, and truly amazing colours in ambient light, really love it (it's also an area I'm very familiar with, and do miss!)

    Do you have a filter on to help white balance or is the Canon 1 DX mark II white balancing like this without one?

     

    Thank you very much @bghazzal .  Nope, no filter, i do the white balance manually by filming a white board down there

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.