Skip to content

Shooting Technique, Workflow and Editing / Archived topic

Adobe Lightroom: Select Subject Mask

Started by TimG ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Adobe Lightroom: Select Subject Mask

3 posts
  1. Guys

    Like many of us I've been using LR for many years and, to my mind, it just gets better and better.

    I was impressed with the relatively new Mask editing facility but I did find the Select Subject option slightly hit and miss for u/w use.

    I don't know if it was due to the latest update (a few days ago) or AI doing its thing, but editing in the last 24 hours using the Select Subject option has blown me away.  See the attached shot of a Spotted Cleaner Shrimp. I clicked on Select Subject and the blue highlighting shows just how good this option has become. It's got the whole critter, feelers, antenna et al. 

    I thought I'd pass this on.....

     

    ID Subject.jpg

  2. I use this feature almost regularly for portrait work. Previously it was only in photoshop but now also in lightroom which means I am mostly using photoshop for sharpening when required.

    It is important not to overdo it as all selecting masks...

  3. Agreed, the masking feature is uncannily good. I’ve also gotten into Topaz Sharpen AI, used very sparingly on subjects only. I’m now going back to images that I was previously happy with and re-editing them!  

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.