Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Olympus Lens

Started by Dann-Oh ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Olympus Lens

2 posts
  1. So I'm trying to pair down my lens collection to pretty much just the items I use.  I currently have the Olympus 12-40F2.8, 12-45 F4 and 12-100F4  Ever since getting the 12-100F4 I haven't touched the 12-40 or 12-45 for above water photography. For my underwater photography I have been using the Pana 8mm Fisheye, Oly 60mm macro, and Oly 30mm macro. Other than underwater photography my photographic interests, basic birding, my 1 year old kid, landscapes, and documenting my families adventures. 

     

    This is my current lens list (the * means I'm for sure planning to keep):

    Panasonic: *8mm F3.5 Fisheye

    Olympus: 12 F1.8,  25 F1.8, 45 F1.8, *30mm F3.5 macro, *60mm F2.8 macro, *300 F4, *12-100 F4, 12-40 F2.8, 12-45 F4, 14-42 EZ f3.5-5.6, 40-150 F4-5.6R, 40-150 F2.8, *8-25 F4, 9-18 F4-5.6

     

    I am currently using the Olympus PEN EPL10 and AOI housing for underwater and the Olympus OMD EM1-3 for above water.  I am also thinking about trading in my Olympus OMD EM5-3 for an OMD EM1-2 and then getting the AOI housing for the EM1-2.  If I do that then I would sell off the EPL10 camera and housing. 

  2. I would get rid of both standard zooms as your overlap with the 12-100 makes you not use them. I would keep one or two primes in that range (probably the 25 and the 45) to still have a good lens for low light shooting. I would probably also get rid of the 12mm 1.8. The 9-18 has no benefit over the 8-25 except size, so that one can go too. The medium range zooms are more difficult to decide. The 40-150F4-5.6 is worth pretty much nothing so you might as well keep it. If you use the 40-150 f2.8 keep it.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.