If this question comment has been asked before I apologize.
I have recently upgraded from Nikon D800 in a Nauticam housing to a Nikon D850 also in a Nauticam housing.
Nauticam housing for D800 used a paddle for ISO on left hand thumb and allowed easy changing of ISO without having to remove hands from handles. The Nauticam housing for D850 uses more of a thumb lever located under the trigger for shutter. Has anyone figured out a way/technique of using the ISO lever without taking hands off the trigger for the shutter?
Thanks in Advance,
ITT
I have the same question! Also came from D810 in Nauticam to D850 to now Z9 in Nauticam. the Z9 has the same issue - I have to hold the thumb lever with the right hand while reaching over with the left hand to turn the knob. It's terrible. That sort of lever needs to be on the left side.
The ISO lever on Nauticam's NA-D850 housing isn't in a great location, but I can change ISO on mine with just my right hand.
I manipulate the ISO lever with my right index finger and use my right thumb to move the control dial. This allows me to change ISO settings while leaving the other fingers of my right hand loosely wrapped around the housing handle and without having to use my left hand.
Of course this requires momentarlly removing my right index finger from the shutter lever. If my fingers were longer, I could probably use my right middle finger to trip the shutter lever if necessary.
Keep in mind that changing the ISO setting doesn't require much movement of the control dial. The shift of finger position to make the adjustment can be done pretty quickly.
-Tinman
Most Nikon cameras have a very neat function called "Release button to use dial". For Z9 it is under f6, setting this to "On" then you only need to press the ISO button once, and adjustments to the ISO values can be made without holding it. It ends with another press on ISO, or a press on the "menu" or half-press of "Shutter release".
Cheers !
P.S. D850 should have the same function although I'm not sure whether its under f6.
f6 on D850 too
Man I wish I had known that 38 dives ago! There were multiple occasions where that would have been so useful! I'm flying home in the morning. Next dive trip 7 months away.
You guys are SUPER! Thank you for all the suggestions, I had a great dive trip!