Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Any reviews on the Nauticam Double Flip Holder?

Started by OCdiving Deb ·

  • 5Posts
  • 5Replies

Read-only discussion

Any reviews on the Nauticam Double Flip Holder?

5 posts
  1. I am thinking about purchasing the Nauticam Double Flip Holder (na-25108) and wonder if anyone has first-hand knowledge and opinions about its practicality and ease of use. 

    I have both the CMC-1 and CMC-2 and love the IDEA of the M67 double flip but wonder if it will meet my expectations. 

    Thanks for your input!

    Debbie Karimoto

  2. I love mine, Im able to run an SMC-2 and a CMC-2 all on the same dive. Ive never thought to do a review because it just works, its stable, it doesnt have any wobbly parts, and it fits my nauticam port like a glove. If you have the single flip, it works pretty much the same, just double the fun. 

  3. 2 hours ago, Sharkhottub said:

    I love mine, Im able to run an SMC-2 and a CMC-2 all on the same dive. Ive never thought to do a review because it just works, its stable, it doesnt have any wobbly parts, and it fits my nauticam port like a glove. If you have the single flip, it works pretty much the same, just double the fun. 

    How many flash are you using, one or two?  I imagine when using two strobes, the double flip is in the way?

    Wolfgang

     

  4. I use two inon z-330 and while it certainly feels "crowded", the working distance of the sony 90 certainly allows my strobes in the right position. I guess I usually shoot against a mucky background so the flips dont get in the way of the inward lighting I default to. 

  5. The Nauticam Double Flip holder is the way to go.  I agree that with strobes & two diopters things get a little crowded.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.