12 hours ago, Matt Sullivan said:
It’s fatter than those lenses so if the fisheyes need to be front loaded, the rf100 will also
Nope. I am using the RF100 with the NAR7. It doesn't need to be front loaded, you can slip or remove it from the rear.
As HiloBoy explained the problem comes from the zoom ring, which needs to be removed beforehand, hence it's faster to remove the whole lens than just the ring. I tried once to set the zoomring after the camera and the Tokina was into the housing, first it's quite difficult to do, because there is very little place for your fingers to retrieve the ring, the, when you set it back you may unvolontarily push the MF button , which means... you're out of focus for the whole dive. Been there, done that. Lesson learnt.
That said I feel more confident with the hinge system connecting the two halves of the housing for the 100 series, as well as its rotating lock, the O-ring is steadyer in its seat than with the 120 back configuration where you could completely set apart the housing halves, allowing the Oring to go loose. As I feel it, there are less chances to accidentally pinch the Oring while closing the housing.
The blue lock problem for the on/off button. Been there as well. I had similar issues with the lack of on flash button for the NA 70D housing, hence it was a more familiar kind of issue to me.
Another difference with the 120 housing I owned priorily : I used to like the Inon type "bell connector" on the housing, much more secure than the S&S push connectors that tend to go loose from their holes. Add on top that you can hardly put those back when you're underwater since the 100-120 port converter is too close from the flash connectors.