No date of release yet.... be interesting to see how well this works underwater, working distance, etc. 4x magnification might be a challenge to keep steady!
2 hours ago, JustinO said:
4x magnification might be a challenge to keep steady!
It should say 4x equivalent magnification might be a challenge to keep steady!
I dont think Ill be buying it as the 60mm already puts me too far away from the subjects in my local waters. I have picked u the 30mm macro to try out.....eventually.
After many years using the Olympus 60mm I have in the last 3 year acquired the Panasonic 45mm and 30mm
I think the 45mm with the new 90mm could be the way forward however I do hope the lens can focus better than the 60mm that is really slow
Increased working distance will also be welcome while am not sure about the f/3.5 they probably need to contain size
the 90mm will be great for land based work and may have some niche applications underwater. Hopefully it won't have issues like the focus breathing on the Canon RF macro lens. Agree that hopefully the AF is a step up on the 60mm!
Exciting times...
The 90 mm macro will be a wonderful tool for extreme macro. 2x optical magnification, already without diopter at a greater working distance as Zuiko 60mm+CMC-1 (I wonder how much the magnification of the 90mm with CMC-1 will be)!
I do not think that the AF problems of Zuiko 60mm is a problem of the lens itself, it is probably due the long focal length. With EM1-II (and probably also newer models with PDAF), AF is o.k.. It is possible, however, that the new 90mm will AF at satisfaction only with the stacked sensor OM-1 (similar to the situation with FF mirrorless cameras)...
Of course the 90mm will be wrong lens for fish portraits (at least of regular sized fish )