Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Dive in in Greenland

Started by benedika ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Dive in in Greenland

11 posts
  1. Hi,

    i would like to share another Greenland video with you. This time i visited the Ice Camp at Sermilik fjord in East Greenland, a very remote spot. The scenery is mezmerizing and tremendous. The air is filled by sounds of thunder from the cracking icebergs or whale blows. At the beginning of the video you can see the mood at 1:30 in the morning.

    Enjoy watching these nature impressions!

    Alex.

     

     

     

    Edited by benedika
  2. Wow, a fabulous piece of work, Alex. Well done. I love the opening sequences especially and some amazing macro shots. It must have taken you months.

  3. Agreed, it’s a terrific video!  The opening time lapse of rotating ice at sunrise is inspired.  The humpback at the end is very cool too.  I question the sense of the woman swimming though!  (Just kidding). 

  4. 9 minutes ago, troporobo said:

    question the sense of the woman swimming though!  (Just kidding). 

    Yeah, that made me shudder!

  5. 2 hours ago, TimG said:

    Wow, a fabulous piece of work, Alex. Well done. I love the opening sequences especially and some amazing macro shots. It must have taken you months.

    Thanks a lot for the feedback! The Skeleton shrimps are always hard to shot due the shallow depths of field on their moving habitat. 

  6. 49 minutes ago, troporobo said:

    Agreed, it’s a terrific video!  The opening time lapse of rotating ice at sunrise is inspired.  The humpback at the end is very cool too.  I question the sense of the woman swimming though!  (Just kidding). 

    I had to put this swim scenes in the video, it needs balls to swim several times without protection in that cold water. Apart of this I think this scenes fit very well the underwater scenes. Others have scuba divers in their videos (ok...me too, sometimes, but how boooring is that) :D

  7. Very nice, thanks for sharing.

  8. Damn, I know I'm late to the party, but that footage is extraordinary.  Thanks for sharing @benedika!!!

  9. Damn, I know I'm late to the party, but that footage is extraordinary.  Thanks for sharing [mention=26998]benedika[/mention]!!!
    Its never to late [emoji16] Thank you!
  10. Great work! I wish I can be there sometime soon

  11. Great work! I wish I can be there sometime soon
    Thank you! See you in Greenland!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.