Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Macro lens choice for NikonZ

Started by alex.lemberg ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Macro lens choice for NikonZ

4 posts
  1. Hi All,

    For a macro photography, I am shooting with Nikkor 105mm micro lens, but looking also for some wider macro lens, to be mainly used in a "blackwater" conditions.

    Nikon have released a Nikkor Z50mm macro lens, but I've read its not a best choice for underwater.

    Could you please advise on a better macro lens choice for my Nikon Z7 + Nauticam housing setup, as an alternative solution for Nikkor 60mm which has been recently discontinued by Nikon.

     

    Thanks in advance,

    Alex Lemberg

     

     

     

  2. I use the Nikon AF-S 60mm macro with the FTZ adapter with a Z6 ii. I am very pleased with the AF speed and low light performance in blackwater dives.

    Edited by UWPics
  3. Thank you for the feedback! Yes, AF-S 60mm was a preferable option, however, this lens is not in stock anymore, and I am looking for an alternative option.

  4. 38 minutes ago, alex.lemberg said:

    Thank you for the feedback! Yes, AF-S 60mm was a preferable option, however, this lens is not in stock anymore, and I am looking for an alternative option.

    Your best bet would be to source a second hand copy, I,m sure there would be a few around.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.