Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Lenses recommended for Malapascua thresher shark dive

Started by eikenhorst ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Lenses recommended for Malapascua thresher shark dive

3 posts
  1. Hi,

    I am planning to go dive in Malapascua with thresher sharks (we hope they show up of course). Now I wonder if people with experience diving there can tell me what lens I should best use for this dive and if for example strobes are any use or the distance is likely too great to be of any benefit there. At the moment I have a 40mm macro and a 10-17mm fisheye, and I fear neither is well suited for this dive.

    Thanks in advance for your advice.

    Edited by eikenhorst
  2. 10 hours ago, ChrisRoss said:

    View archived post in: Thresher shark at Malapascua with M43

    this link discusses - it's for m43 but it will give you some guidelines on how much reach you need.  Note that strobes are not allowed.

    Thank you, sorry I missed this discussion from before. Very interesting, but indeed it looks like I need a new lens and port for this trip ideally. :(

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.