I've been looking hard at wide-angle alternatives to my 230mm dome port, to be used with a Z9 and Nauticam housing. I've almost given up on the idea of the WACP-1, especially once it dawned on me that this was a 0.36x optic, so oriented very much toward the wide in wide angle. I'm more interested in putting the 'small' back into wide angle, mostly when traveling. What I have now is just wider than I'd like. I'm shooting the 14-30, previously a 16-35. 16mm was wide enough, but 35 wasn't long enough. Going to the 14-30 just makes things worse. What I'd like is a 16-50 range underwater.
So I started looking at Nauticam port charts just to see which z-mount lenses are supported, with which ports and extensions. I started wondering specifically about the 14-70 (either version - I have the F2.8 version) behind the 230 dome port. Might not get me a smaller port, but it would at least address a focal range desire. Until I looked at the Nauticam chart.
Specifically for the 24-70 F4 and the 24-70 F2.8, the chart gives a black asterisk for the second best port combo, with the WACP-1 or WACP-2 generally being the best option.
To my surprise, the second best option specifically for the 24-70 F4 and the 24-70 F2 is a 180mm dome port, not the 230mm dome port.
Does this seem correct to you? Here is the chart: https://www.nauticam.com/pages/n120-nikon-z-mount-port-chart