I have a question.... I just purchased an Isotta housing for the LX 10 Panasonic. I'm coming form a Nauticam system and I have the WWL-C lens with the bayonet II mount system.
Is there an adaptor I can use to put on the WWL-C with quick disconnect? I also have the CMC-2 which I would like to use as well.
Any guidance /help would be fantastic
Your best bet is probably to modify the port on your housing to fit the Nauticam M67 to bayonet adapter. If I remember correctly, the Nauticam adapter has two retaining pins in it - you can either cut slots in the port to accommodate them, or skip them entirely. If the port front flange is too thick to fit into the groove of the Nautcam adapter, then you'll need to shave down those knurling ridges. I don't believe there are any alternative adapters that will fit Nauticam's bayonet system, and anything that involves extra spacers will produce/increase vignetting on your lens.
This link shows the Nauticam port, the rim is about 3mm wide and the adapter needs to fit over that rim. You can see the two slots for the pins.
your port needs to look like that to accept the bayonet adapter and the rim needs to match the width of the Nauticam port. The Isotta port has notches that don't go all the way through it appears. I'm assuming because you are posting here that the bayonet ring won't thread on to the Isotta port because the rim of the port is too wide. As mentioned by Barmaglot, you could modify the port, the Isotta port is removable so you could mount in a lathe a machine to correct dimension for example.
Any adapter will be too thick and you probably already need to zoom in a little to stop the LX-10 vignetting, so even if you could find one it would reduce the effectiveness of your lens as you would need to zoom in further to avoid the vignette. Unfortunately they are designed to only work with the Nauticam housings, so anything that would allow you to use it would be a DIY effort. The only Nauticam WWL that can be used directly on the housing is the original WWL-1 (not the WWL-1B) as it has m67 threads.
On 10/12/2022 at 8:34 PM, Barmaglot said:
Your best bet is probably to modify the port on your housing to fit the Nauticam M67 to bayonet adapter. If I remember correctly, the Nauticam adapter has two retaining pins in it - you can either cut slots in the port to accommodate them, or skip them entirely. If the port front flange is too thick to fit into the groove of the Nautcam adapter, then you'll need to shave down those knurling ridges. I don't believe there are any alternative adapters that will fit Nauticam's bayonet system, and anything that involves extra spacers will produce/increase vignetting on your lens.
thanks for the info, I took the pins out, along with the port and managed to screw it all on. Came up a treat. Now I'm able to use either the WWL-C or my macro lens
On 10/12/2022 at 10:05 PM, ChrisRoss said:
This link shows the Nauticam port, the rim is about 3mm wide and the adapter needs to fit over that rim. You can see the two slots for the pins.
your port needs to look like that to accept the bayonet adapter and the rim needs to match the width of the Nauticam port. The Isotta port has notches that don't go all the way through it appears. I'm assuming because you are posting here that the bayonet ring won't thread on to the Isotta port because the rim of the port is too wide. As mentioned by Barmaglot, you could modify the port, the Isotta port is removable so you could mount in a lathe a machine to correct dimension for example.
Any adapter will be too thick and you probably already need to zoom in a little to stop the LX-10 vignetting, so even if you could find one it would reduce the effectiveness of your lens as you would need to zoom in further to avoid the vignette. Unfortunately they are designed to only work with the Nauticam housings, so anything that would allow you to use it would be a DIY effort. The only Nauticam WWL that can be used directly on the housing is the original WWL-1 (not the WWL-1B) as it has m67 threads.
The Istotta is a 67MM thread. The pins were in the way, like you said, the port has very small indents for those tiny screws. So I took them out, threaded the lens on. lined it up. Then I moved the screws to the outside and locked it in more to stop the spinning of the bayonet mount.
Seems to work and everything is locked in. Thanks for the reply
3 hours ago, DSB said:
The Istotta is a 67MM thread. The pins were in the way, like you said, the port has very small indents for those tiny screws. So I took them out, threaded the lens on. lined it up. Then I moved the screws to the outside and locked it in more to stop the spinning of the bayonet mount.
Seems to work and everything is locked in. Thanks for the reply
Good to see it working - you might want to consider Greasing the screws, a little silicone grease or similar and re-fitting them - Salt water and tiny screws are not a good mix if you ever want to remove the adapter.
1 hour ago, ChrisRoss said:
Good to see it working - you might want to consider Greasing the screws, a little silicone grease or similar and re-fitting them - Salt water and tiny screws are not a good mix if you ever want to remove the adapter.
Thanks for the tip. will do that. Yes, they are super tiny lol