Skip to content

Trip Reports and Travel / Archived topic

Planning a trip to visit Vancouver Island and Puget Sound region

Started by Dann-Oh ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Planning a trip to visit Vancouver Island and Puget Sound region

3 posts
  1. Hey all,

    I'm in the initial planning phases for a diving trip to the Vancouver Island and Puget Sound region. If you guys offer dive centers to work/coordinate with as well as some must see dive sites. There will likely be a few tech divers, some sidemount divers, and many of us are photographers in this group.

    My goals for this trip would be to (1) visit some new dive sites, (2) have an awesome adventure, (3) make some print quality photos of Wolf Eels, Giant Pacific Octos, and some images of divers near shipwrecks (again, I'm at the initial planning stages so I'm not too sure if there are shipwrecks here).

    Also is there a better time of year to visit the region? I'm a Drysuit diver in Southern California and I'm well aware I might need to invest in heated undergarments

    Thanks in advance for any recommendations you able to provide.

  2. Contact these folks. Run by a dive buddy of mine, they can set you up.

    https://seattledivetours.com/

    We dove up here year round. Heated undergarments are a nice to have item, not a must have. Temps run from the low 50s in Summer to early fall, then upper to mid 40s in the winter & spring.

  3. Water currently running 51F in Seattle, so not too bad, and visibility is coming up. Also consider YSS Dive in Hoodsport on Hood Canal, and Bandito Charters, which does run during the week. Those would most likely be better than some of the local shore dives.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.