Skip to content

Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic

Straight Fiber Optic Cables

Started by rwe ·

  • 9Posts
  • 9Replies

Read-only discussion

Straight Fiber Optic Cables

9 posts
  1. Does anyone sell fiber optic cables that are not coiled?

  2. Some people uses a toslink cable.

  3. I have ordered this cable from amazon, it works pretty good but I prefer the coiled cables.

  4. 4 hours ago, Dann-Oh said:

    I have ordered this cable from amazon, it works pretty good but I prefer the coiled cables.

    TosLink cable will work fine, and they are cheap. However, they are more fragile than multi-core cables. Multi-core will be able to bend more without breaking internally and thus reducing transmission of the signal.

  5. 18 hours ago, davehicks said:

    TosLink cable will work fine, and they are cheap. However, they are more fragile than multi-core cables. Multi-core will be able to bend more without breaking internally and thus reducing transmission of the signal.

    If you have a link to inexpensive multi core cables please share it.

  6. I use the fiber optic cables sold at the TV/Audio shops. They have never failed on me. Using them on a S&S housing with D2 strobes and Fantasea with Backscatter strobe. Even used 2m length for off camera steobe positioning. Different end caps I bought from Divervision

    563549EE-5BA0-4E9C-AE6E-2247FAC8BF61.jpeg

    30E7EE21-9AE9-4340-9283-75841B4529E8.jpeg

Kraken Sports

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.