Skip to content

The Galley: General Chat / Archived topic

GoPro or Full Housing?

Started by corywrightphoto ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

GoPro or Full Housing?

4 posts
  1. As the title suggests, with GoPro's getting smoother, faster and giving better quality images and video with every iteration, do you find yourself defaulting towards using a GoPro due to convenience?

  2. I don't own a gopro but I have often thought about getting one to mount on my cold shoe for video when I'm doing photography but then I look at the pricing and decide to just use my kit and go dive.

  3. I am disinterested in doing video, but it seems to be a requirement for social media these days. I keep a gopro on hand for some vertical shots to beef up the ol' tiktok.

  4. I mounted a GoPro on my Nauticam housing when I am shooting macro stills. I use it to catch the inevitable pod of dolphins, sharks, eagle rays, or turtles that come around when I can’t get a shot of them while I am setup for macro. I have an 8000 lumen video light mounted next to it that I use on low power as a focus light for stills, but crank it up to 100% when shooting with the GoPro. I can press play on the GoPro and set the video light to full power in seconds. It makes my rig a little bulkier, but worth it. 

    Edited by UWPics

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.