Skip to content

Classifieds / Archived topic

Wanted Subal Housing ORing for Nikon D500

Started by Mags ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Wanted Subal Housing ORing for Nikon D500

10 posts
  1. Anyone out there got  an O Ring  for the Subal Housing or know the part number to check if other Housing ORings that I've seen for sale are compatible. Trying to get a spare.

    Their user manual states

    ND500 O-ring 201x4 or smaller 3-5mm in diameter

    Haven't a clue what that means!

    Have tried Subal but they are "out of stock" and have been for ages - not very helpful

  2. Hi Mags

    I bought a spare one a while back from Reef Photo in Fort Lauderdale. They seem to still have them:

    https://reefphoto.com/products/subal-housing-o-ring-for-canon-cd5m3-and-nd7100.

    It's a pity as I was in the UK last week and would happily have brought you my spare one and replaced it from Reef. You could always order one from them and have it shipped. I suspect though that the cost of shipping, VAT, handling, blah, blah will likely be more than the o-ring. But needs must, eh?

  3. 8 minutes ago, TimG said:

    Hi Mags

    I bought a spare one a while back from Reef Photo in Fort Lauderdale. They seem to still have them:

    https://reefphoto.com/products/subal-housing-o-ring-for-canon-cd5m3-and-nd7100.

    It's a pity as I was in the UK last week and would happily have brought you my spare one and replaced it from Reef. You could always order one from them and have it shipped. I suspect though that the cost of shipping, VAT, handling, blah, blah will likely be more than the o-ring. But needs must, eh?

    Thanks TimG - I see the link sends it to part number # su-ORHC5- can you confirm that? If so I'll get ordering :)

  4. The label on the packaging on mine says "sub.orhc5".

    You could drop Reef Photo an email and ask them to confirm. They're very helpful and quick to reply. 

  5. Hi Tim

    Thanks for that, the postage is around $90 ROFL, contacted them and couldnt budge. Good news is Backscatter do free P&P to UK atm, just had to spend $200 so brought 2 orings and a backscatter mini flash that I've been ummimng and aahing about, so at least I didn't pay postage. Suspect I'll be hit by customs though ;)

  6. No doubt someone will get you one way or another, Mags!

    Glad you got one though. And we’ll done in the mini flash. Have fun with it!

    Edited by TimG
  7. On 11/1/2022 at 3:44 PM, Mags said:

    Anyone out there got  an O Ring  for the Subal Housing or know the part number to check if other Housing ORings that I've seen for sale are compatible. Trying to get a spare.

    Their user manual states

    ND500 O-ring 201x4 or smaller 3-5mm in diameter

    Haven't a clue what that means!

    Have tried Subal but they are "out of stock" and have been for ages - not very helpful

    Just to let you all know I have a sourced a couple of spare Subal housing ORings that fit - Thanks one and all

  8. :good:

    For UK viewers, Mags, it might be worth reporting what sort of percentage you had to pay for VAT, duties, handling etc. An update on that sort of thing is often useful as a bit of a guide.

  9. Thanks @TimG, yep I paid £52.80 for 2 Subal main body ORings and £499.00 For the Backscatter Mini Flash2 plus Optical Snoot. I got free P&P from Backscatter US to the UK.

    UPS Then charged us £114.78 Customs charge and £11.50 Brokerage

     

    Ordered 4th November - received on the 7th November :)

     

    Edited by Mags
  10. Ok, ta. so about 25% approx in duties etc. Figures I guess with VAT at 20%.

    Nice and quick delivery! 

Turtle

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.