Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Shrimp/crab on soft coral, Indonesia

Started by demonboy ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Shrimp/crab on soft coral, Indonesia

4 posts
  1. I'm just going through my photos of the Togian Islands (Sulawesi) and our local guide kept pointing at this. I couldn't see anything at the time. We were in around 12m in the Tomini Bay, about 100m off-shore on the Kadidiri Paradsie Resort house reef. The pointer in the picture is approx 5mm wide. It's no keeper, I'd just like to know what it is.

    Any help gratefully received.

     

    P6060204-Enhanced.jpg

    P60602042.jpg

    Edited by demonboy
  2. Looks like a humpback soft coral shrimp?

  3. Yep, humpback it is! Just checked on a google image search. Thank you!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.