Skip to content

Critter Identification / Archived topic

Soft coral creature, Indonesia

Started by demonboy ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Soft coral creature, Indonesia

4 posts
  1. I thought I posted this yesterday but can't find the thread. This was taken in around 12m of water in the Tomini Bay, Sulawesi. Measures approx 10mm in length.

     

    P6060226.jpg

    P6060226crop.jpg

  2. Thanks, Tim. I get confused with this forum. Sometimes the latest posts are not near the top, despite reordering! Anyway, that's a pretty good guess. I'm going to see if I can mention this to our dive guide. The problem is that he's based somewhere where they have no internet connection but if I hear back from him I'll let you know.

  3. No worries. I find life pretty confusing :rolleyes:

    Looking at it again, if it's 10mm in length I wonder if it's a pygmy pipe dragon. Image attached.  These are some of the smallest things I have ever seen and I've only ever seen them in the Lembeh Straits. A knot on a  piece of cotton thread looks bigger.

     

    TG23879.jpg

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.