Hi all, have anybody tested this torch. I don't like normal snoots attached to strobes due to the lack of light and they are really tricky to use. But I have seen this snoot torch in internet, They say 100.000 lux and 1.200 lumen. It looks very poor, but who knows...Have anybody already tested it ?
Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic
Supe scubalamp MS-10 snoot diving torch
Started by atus ·
- 9Posts
- 9Replies
Read-only discussion
Supe scubalamp MS-10 snoot diving torch
-
-
I don't have personal experience with this torch, but I have a Weefine Smart Focus 1000 with the optional snoot lens (https://www.weefine.com/product/124.html), and it doesn't come close to a strobe-mounted snoot (Retra Pro + Retra LSD, in my case). I can't imagine that a simple beam restrictor on a 1000lm torch will do any better. Snoot photography is tricky to do, there is no simple way around it - what strobe + snoot combination are you using?
-
14 hours ago, Barmaglot said:
I don't have personal experience with this torch, but I have a Weefine Smart Focus 1000 with the optional snoot lens (https://www.weefine.com/product/124.html), and it doesn't come close to a strobe-mounted snoot (Retra Pro + Retra LSD, in my case). I can't imagine that a simple beam restrictor on a 1000lm torch will do any better. Snoot photography is tricky to do, there is no simple way around it - what strobe + snoot combination are you using?
Thank you for the input Barmaglot. Right now I am using a snoot designed by myself and printed in 3D for my Subtronic 160 pro Fusion Strobes, I have two versions of it, one which is basically a black funel and another one in which I installed a lens from an old diapo projector. They both work fine, but I find them too big to use. One of my dive buddies have the Retra pro Strobe with the Retra strobe, which I find almost as big as my one and says that it works great but it's also very tricky to use. This is why when I saw this torch I find out than it's small and you can put it in an extra ball when you go for macro at the same time than your strobes and use the snoot or the strobes whenever you want with no need to uninstall the snoot from the strobe.
-
If you're looking for something to mount alongside your existing strobe, look at the Backscatter Strobe + Snoot package; they just released a new version with some nifty features.
-
@atus
I second the new version of the Backscatter mini strobe & snoot. Highly recommended, and much smaller than any other light/snoot combo... take a look. -
Yep, that strobe was in my mind, but something with continuous light would be great
-
22 hours ago, atus said:
Yep, that strobe was in my mind, but something with continuous light would be great
The aiming light for the Backscatter strobes are continuous, and the version 2 that just came out is supposed to have a much brighter aiming light than the first version. In addition, it is possible to remotely trigger the version 2 while it is mounted on a stick off-camera, and already aimed at a subject.
-
1 hour ago, phxazcraig said:
The aiming light for the Backscatter strobes are continuous, and the version 2 that just came out is supposed to have a much brighter aiming light than the first version. In addition, it is possible to remotely trigger the version 2 while it is mounted on a stick off-camera, and already aimed at a subject.
Thank you, looks great, but before spend all that money It would be great to watch a non interested test (I'm not saying than you have any interest)
-
On 11/10/2022 at 2:15 PM, atus said:
Thank you, looks great, but before spend all that money It would be great to watch a non interested test (I'm not saying than you have any interest)
I used the Miniflash ver 1 and snoot in June for the first time and bought one. I have the version 2 on order now, plus the muck stick accessory.