Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Fujifilm X-T4 camera with Canon EF 8-15 mm lens

Started by Pedro ·

  • 7Posts
  • 7Replies

Read-only discussion

Fujifilm X-T4 camera with Canon EF 8-15 mm lens

7 posts
  1. Hi, someone has used a Fujifilm X-T series camera (X-T3 or X-T4) with the Canon EF 8-15mm lens and one adapter. Please specify:

    - underwater housing

    - adapter, brand and model

    - zoom lens functioning

    I would also appreciate comments of the system functioning  and the quality of the underwater images obtained. Thank you

                                                                            Pedro

  2. the only housing now sold new for Fujifilm is ikelite, Nauticam discontinued their housings for the XT series, the reason it seems is no one is buying them.  The range of suitable UW lenses is quite limited.  there's a couple of people here who use them and seem to like them but it is realistically a dead end if manufacturers are not making housings for them anymore.  Realistically other APS-c or even m43 offerings will give you similar results underwater and are much better supported for housings.

  3. Thank you very much Chris, for the information

  4. Why would you use the Canon 8-15 over the Fuji 8-15? I use a Nauticam housing for my X-T3. But I also use the Seafrog housings with good results. These photos are from the Seafrog housing with the 6 inch dome(I have since bought an 8 inch dome). Lens was a 9mm Cine lens from Loawa. These Seafrog housings are light and easy to travel with and do not seem too get the attention of Mexico customs as the Nauticam does. I think with the release of the T-X5 and the X-H2 with the 40 mp sensors you will see some of the housing manufactures come around.

    Pez Vela669.jpg

    Pez Vela376.jpg

    PezVela_363 .jpg

  5. I am a Nauticam NA-XT3 / Fujifilm X-T3 user and, as ChrisRoss said, I am very happy with the combo. If Nauticam keeps making housings for the XT series (ie XT-5), I will go for one, not just because I have built a system for macro (fujinon 80mm macro) and wide angle (fujifilm 15-45 + MWL-1), but also because I like it. It meets my expectations, I love the XT series cameras, and Nauticam build and excellent housing for the X-T3. I have to admit that I mostly shoot macro (you can see some of my pics on my instagram account @wetdereamsphoto) but I see many options too for wide angle in the Nauticam port charts.

    I understant that there are better options for uw photography than Fujifilm, but for me, as a novice uw photographer, it is more than enough. 

    Best Regards. 

  6. Thanks everyone this is really helpful! I recently got an xt5 for above water photography and was curious about the feasibility of setting it up to use underwater as well. 

    PS great pics tobyone :)

  7. On 11/9/2022 at 12:52 AM, tobyone said:

    Why would you use the Canon 8-15 over the Fuji 8-15? I use a Nauticam housing for my X-T3. But I also use the Seafrog housings with good results. These photos are from the Seafrog housing with the 6 inch dome(I have since bought an 8 inch dome). Lens was a 9mm Cine lens from Loawa. These Seafrog housings are light and easy to travel with and do not seem too get the attention of Mexico customs as the Nauticam does. I think with the release of the T-X5 and the X-H2 with the 40 mp sensors you will see some of the housing manufactures come around.

     

     

     

    Just noting that the Fuji 8-16 is a rectilinear lens so not really interchangeable with a fisheye zoom lens in terms of field of view and required dome size.

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.