Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Maldives - Sep 2022

Started by vaidhy ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Maldives - Sep 2022

4 posts
  1. I had a chance to dive in Maldives - in 8 days in live-aboard in north and central atolls and a few days at Fuvamullah. Here are the links to my set of pictures:

    https://vaidhy.myportfolio.com/maldives-uw-landscapes

    https://vaidhy.myportfolio.com/maldives-uw-portraits

    https://vaidhy.myportfolio.com/maldives-schools

    https://vaidhy.myportfolio.com/maldives-sharks

     

    All of these were shot on Sony A7C, 28-60 with a WWL-1B. No strobes or lights. I would love to hear your thoughts and what can be improved.

     

  2. Hi Vaidhy,

    Thanks for the links, some nice photos there. I am wondering why you don't use strobes/lights, since in many of the shark/ray shots, you seem to be close enough to get the light on them..

    Another question, do you use the EVF or the LCD on the A7C? I am about ready to upgrade but the EVF seems so small, I will likely end up with the A7 IV.

    Thanks,

    Ajay

  3. Hi Ajay,

    I do not have strobes or lights.. Maybe I should get them as the next purchase. I was using the LCD for most part as the EVF is hard to use for the large fish. Generally, I shoot a bit more wider than what I want and crop a bit in post.

  4. Thanks Vaidhy. I believe even a single strobe will dramatically improve the images where you are within 2m of the subject (so, in several of the images you posted). I happened to swing by Sony showroom yesterday, and I think it'll be impossible for me to use the EVF on the A7C even on land.. It's a pity, because I'd be happy with the rest of the specs. So it looks like I'll end up with the bigger, and bulkier, heavier housing :-(  of the A7 IV system..

    Kind regards,

    Ajay

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.