Hi,
If you send me a DM with your contact info (email and mobile), I can try giving you a call at some point tomorrow. It might be easier to discuss live.
A few comments based on your post:
1) I would not try to do a multi-dive project to begin with. Pick something simple that you can do in one dive. Even if it is just a portion of a wreck.
2) Yes - getting out to the Midnight Hour might not be easy and you might want to dive your target and think about how you would make a model before you do the dive to make the model. Have you thought about doing a feature or small section on the Yukon? Boats go there every week and the top of the wreck is at about 65 fsw and the sand about 105 fsw.
3) For lenses, I personally prefer wide angle rectilinear but generally shoot with either the WWL-C or WWL-1B. You can toss out the macro lenses for anything to do with photogrammetry. That being said, there are a few things to keep in mind:
3a) Metashape will do lens corrections so if you use a fisheye, it will compensate (to a certain degree) for the barrel distortion. I'm not sure if there is lens correction profile for the 8mm f3.5 fisheye you have and I don't even really know if there is a canonical database of what Metashape does have profiles for.
3b) With the usual conditions in California, the reason it helps to have a wide angle or fisheye is that you can get closer to your target and illuminate it better and still get a decent amount of "coverage" in each photo. You will typically need about a 50-70% overlap of the photos for the alignment process.
Both Becky and I generally shoot with video lights and not strobes due to the number of pictures we take on a single dive.
Regards,
- brett