Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Canon EF 15mm fisheye on Sony A7RIV

Started by Davide DB ·

  • 6Posts
  • 6Replies

Read-only discussion

Canon EF 15mm fisheye on Sony A7RIV

6 posts
  1. Hi all,

    I'm going crazy trying to figure out which adapter ring I should buy for this old lens.
    I read that the metabones Smart Adapter Mark V is good for lenses from 2009 onward.

    Any suggestions? Feedback on AF?

  2. Because it is an EF lens I would think Metabones or Sigma EF to Sony FE adapters would work. 

    The Canon 15mm minimum focus distance is 20cm while the Canon 8-15mm fisheye is 15cm both should work with a 140mm dome port and proper extension.  

  3. Hi Phil,

    I'm asking because the Canon 15mm is not listed on the metabones specs. 

    Another option would be the Sigma 15mm with its adapter...

  4. The Sigma, now discontinued has been very popular with U/W photographers using DSLR cameras and it also focuses to 15cm which is actually a big difference over 20cm. I have used the Sony A 16mm F/2.8 fisheye with Sony's adapter on A7R IV and A1, it focus to 21cm. The difference between the 15cm and 21cm is like night and day.  

  5. Thanks Phil

     

  6. I haven't tried the Canon 15mm, but the Sigma 15mm in Canon mount worked fine with the Metabones smart adapter in my testing. The newer 8-15mm has better Image quality but is more expensive.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.