Tokina 10-17mm, Metabones EF-E, A6400, Salted line housing
Started by RjbSA ·
4Posts
4Replies
Read-only discussion
Tokina 10-17mm, Metabones EF-E, A6400, Salted line housing
4 posts
I just received a Canon mount Tokina 10-17mm as an experiment in using a fisheye. I shoot in ambient light and it sounds like a fisheye may solve some corner sharpness issues at wider apertures.
Anyway, this post was just to confirm that the Tokina can be used with a Sony A6400 with a Metabones EF-E mk V adapter in a Seafrogs salted line A6xxx housing with the 8 inch dome without any vignetting that I can see. I will add to this thread once I've taken some pics with the setup and had a look on the computer and can better judge AF performance and image quality.
What, if anything, are you using for zoom gear?
Hey @Barmaglot, just shooting it as a 10mm prime for now. May fiddle around with the Sony 10-18 zoom gear at some point but I doubt that will work out. Zoom isn't that big of a deal for me, I very infrequently feel the need for more lens, usually after a wider fov if anything! Had a good three hours in the water with it today, will have some more input soon. Let me know if you have any other questions.
Quick update:
Autofocus performed well, zero issues compared to new Canon lenses. Some internal reflections when looking into the light or doing split shots, not too severe or frequent. Quite bad colour fringing in highlights though. No vignetting at 10mm.
If you'd like to see a couple of sample images, have a look on my website: https://rubenjenkins-bate.myportfolio.com/work First image under 'The Forest' and first two under 'Fish of the forest' (at the time of posting) were shot with the Tokina.