Skip to content

Trip Reports and Travel / Archived topic

Hotel help in Sharm El Sheikh

Started by Draq ·

  • 11Posts
  • 11Replies

Read-only discussion

Hotel help in Sharm El Sheikh

11 posts
  1. I will be taking a trip next year that will probably require me to spend one night in town after a liveaboard.  Never been there before and looking for suggestions of where to stay and where to get a meal that night.  I know many of you are familiar with the area and would appreciate suggestions.

    JD

  2. How's your Russian? :o

  3. 11 minutes ago, TimG said:

    How's your Russian? :o

    Not good.   A little German, a little Spanish.  dare I ask why?

  4. I've been loads of times but not in recent years so don't want to suggest a hotel.

    Things may have changed a bit of course given "recent events", but the 1990s sleepy fishing village of Sharm became Sharmsagrad since then. 

     

  5. 5 minutes ago, TimG said:

    I've been loads of times but not in recent years so don't want to suggest a hotel.

    Things may have changed a bit of course given "recent events", but the 1990s sleepy fishing village of Sharm became Sharmsagrad since then. 

     

    не звучит хорошо

    Edited by Draq
  6. 45 minutes ago, Draq said:

    не звучит хорошо

    Easy for you to say

  7. Ah, well, worked it out to stay in Cairo instead. 

     

    Anyone know a nice hotel in Donetsk, Ukraine?   (Just kidding)

  8. Hi Draq,

    In case you need to stay in Sharm nevertheless (I do not think that Cairo, where I never have been, is any nicer than Sharm - I suspect the opposite), I can recommend the 3*Hotel Naama Blue in Naama Bay, if a simple hotel suffices. This May we used it for one day hotel after a safari, it was arranged by the liveaboard manager and was 38 Euro per person (based on double occupancy) including AI...

    Wolfgang 

  9. 32 minutes ago, Draq said:

    Anyone know a nice hotel in Donetsk, Ukraine?   (Just kidding)

    I believe the Wagner Barracks may no longer be available. Renovation?

  10. 33 minutes ago, Draq said:

    Ah, well, worked it out to stay in Cairo instead. 

    Hope you have time to get down to Giza for the pyramids. The main Cairo suq is a very cool visit too.

    The Tutankhamun section in the Cairo museum is amazing; and the new Grand Egyptian Museum is due to open next year too.

  11. I stayed at the Il Mercato for two weeks, four years ago.  Classified as a luxury hotel.  Large, clean, well appointed rooms, efficient staff, good restaurants across the street.  $65/night, buffet breakfast included.

    https://www.ilmercatohotelsharm.online/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.