Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Nauticam Sony Alpha Series Housings

Started by DiverAv8or ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

Nauticam Sony Alpha Series Housings

4 posts
  1. Does anyone happen to know if the Nauticam A6300 housing will accommodate a Sony A6400 camera? 

  2. The short answer is - probably not!

    I had A6500 and Nauticam Housing. I bought A6400 and tried to make it work properly, but couldn't, without serious risk of damaging camera or housing. Size diffs are literally 1 or 2 mm in a couple of aspects, but enough to stuff things.

    Suggest you take your housing into camera store and try A6400 body, if you can. See what you think....

    I sold my A6500 body and housing. Jump to A6400 is worth it for me because of much better AF (especially with Zeiss Touit 50 macro), but I lost a lot of $$$ in the "upgrade"!

  3. Sorry for the necro response.  I actually already have an A6400 and saw an A6300 Nauticam setup for sale that was very tempting.  I know that the A6500 and the A6400 have some different dimensions, but wasn’t quite sure if the differences between the A6300 and the A6400 were much physically or if it was mainly software and hardware differences internally.

  4. FWIW, I use a A6100 in an A6400 housing. They are identical except for the AF/MF AEL toggle on the back of the a6400 that isn't on the A6100. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.