Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

whale sharks in La Paz

Started by kdgonzalez ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

whale sharks in La Paz

4 posts
  1. Shot last week in La Paz, Mexico. I was lucky enough to get the green light coming in and never had trouble with my camera.  I found them incredibly hard to shoot. Keeping up with them on snorkel was exhausting. No such thing as framing, I was just holding down the trigger blindly.  Thankfully there were plenty of keepers.  All critique welcomed.

     

    52572531179_bc4efefd96_b.jpgwhale shark by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    52572705660_94b51f62ce_b.jpgwhale shark-3 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    52572259226_fd783b53d6_b.jpgwhale shark-5 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    52571791667_c6d9f85979_b.jpgwhale shark-8 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    52572707515_35f3203338_b.jpgwhale shark-7 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

    52568216486_53345f544e_b.jpgwhale shark-14 by Karyll Gonzalez, on Flickr

     

     

  2. You did well! As you say not easy at all. A great leg muscle work out!

    You’ve got images with potential for sure. As a counsel of perfection, if you have Lightroom I’d be tempted to darken the left hand side of the image slightly: and increase the Dehaze. 

  3. Nicely captured!  I did the same La Paz whale shark snorkel but did not have the same clear water that it appears you did.  

  4. On 12/23/2022 at 8:32 PM, Pistola55 said:

    Nicely captured!  I did the same La Paz whale shark snorkel but did not have the same clear water that it appears you did.  

    I had the same experience you had with green plankton rich water, that’s why the sharks are there. I changed the color of the water in lightroom using the hue adjustment. 

Retra

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.