Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

flip adapter or arm-mounted bayonet holder for SMC-1

Started by rwb500 ·

  • 4Posts
  • 4Replies

Read-only discussion

flip adapter or arm-mounted bayonet holder for SMC-1

4 posts
  1. I've always used the flip adapters for close up diopters.  Works fine.  Does anyone prefer to use Nauticam's bayonet mounts with an arm-mounted bayonet holder?  To me it seems the flip adapter would be easier but wondering if anyone disagrees.

  2. I use both single and double flips, but I can see how the bayonet system would be benefitial when it comes to strobe positioning and getting them right up next to the lens. The double flip especially can hinder some desirable positions. 

  3. I think this just boils down to personal preference...  Personally I use the bayonet lens holders if I'm using a system that supports both wide and macro on the same dive, like a mirrorless system with a midrange zoom, WWL and wet mount macro lens.  If I'm using a housed long macro (90/100/105 depending on brand), I'd prefer the flip and SMC-1.

  4. I use a flip adapter for the SMC-1. It is so much easier to just flip it up or down. I guess it's just preference. 

Marelux

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.