I'm trying to put together a trip in September within Europe for great wide angle diving. We're looking for clear waters and good biodiversity (or even shoals/schools), ideally for people who don't dive dry.
My list so far is:
Murcia, Spain - apparently the area for diving is great, and there's plenty of shallow wide angle opportunities. As recommended by Javier Murcia.
Madeira, Portugal - groupers, dolphins, whales and a wreck or two.
Maybe Zeeland?
I'd love something driveable from the UK but I doubt there's anything in north France / Belgium / Netherlands (apart from Zeeland)?
Do you have any recommendations or thoughts? Open to all locations around in Europe to do some different diving!
Thanks
- sinetwo
Wrecks make great wide angle so maybe Malta or Vis, Croatia? I visited both in 2022.
You can go Santa Maria Island at Azores.
or Porto Santo island at Madeira archipelago
at both locations you will find water at 22-24 degrees at September.
For wrecks : Great wrecks in Narvik, South of France (Donator, Grec, Rubis) and Portofino (Haven). Malta was already mentioned above
For marine life : Argentario from the echoes of @Davide DB, Sardinia has some fantastic places, and so does the marine park next to Portofino. I head good things about Tenerife too
In the UK, Kinlochbervie seems spectacular, but haven't been so far, + the seal dives in Lundy and Farnes