I can scuba but haven‘t been able to feel the flow or see much more than by snorkeling. Most of what I‘ve seen was above 30ft, but I have to damit, I haven‘t been to Fakarava. I found the noise of the bubbles while scuba very annoying.
I started with the SaltedLine & A6000, but never was happy - massive positive buoyancy and low to medium image quality. The next step was Isotta, RX100VA and Inon C95, and that combination is very small and versatile while delivering much better image quality than the A6000. Used it at Moorea.
Now by chance I was able to get the A7 IV, Nauticam housing and WAPC-C. Yesterday the first testing in the indoor diving pool dive4life made clear that now the problem is behind the camera, not the gear.
Some questions:
- I didn‘t order the vacuum valve because I thought, the one from the Isotta would fit but it didn‘t. In the near future depth will not be below 45ft while snorkeling or 90ft while scuba. Do you think the vacuum system is necessary?
- Entering or leaving the water always has the risk that the housing bumps into the ladder or against a rock, even if you are extra careful. Ist there any hood from neoprene oder something like that that I can attach? The original hood that is delivered with the WAPC-C is too bulky.
- In the beginning I had some trouble to find the respective buttons and dials at the housing, but now I think I know most of them. When checking the pics I often use the „+“-button and then zooming out turning the 4-way-dial. The housing doesn‘t offer this option. Any idea how to solve this problem?
First pic is A7 IV, second RX100, third A6000