Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Cable clips

Started by TimG ·

  • 10Posts
  • 10Replies

Read-only discussion

Cable clips

10 posts
  1. Does anyone know where I can find the cable management clips shown in this photo?

    They are part of the system in a Subal housing and I'd like to fit a couple more for the vacuum valve cabling. But I can't find anything like them after many a Google expedition.

    They are 15mm long and 8mm wide. I've not been able to find any that are so small.

    Thanks!

    IMG_2013.jpeg

  2. Thanks Elias - yeah, that might do it.

    Don't know how I missed those. I've spent many a happy hour scouring Amazon pages for them.

  3. Hi, Tim: 
    Another approach is to cut the clips out of an aluminum beverage can using regular scissors, and glue them in place with rubber or epoxy adhesive. As both surfaces of the can have a protective finish, a cut out clip should last nicely.  Please let us know how you solved your problem.  

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  4. Thanks, I hadn't thought of something like that.

    Sorted!

    Thanks, guys

  5. We used to use these clips inside PCs to keep the cables tidy.  I think we sourced them from RS Components, but I found some here:

    Small Aluminium Self-Adhesive

  6. Super! Thanks

  7. Another approach is to use Velcro to retain the cables.  This is useful for cables that are 
    removed from time to time, where the retaining metal tabs might break off from repeatedly being bent back and forth. As shown here, the strobe trigger cables are held to the roof of the housing with a Velcro strip.

     

    _DSC2008.JPG

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  8. Thanks, Elias. I’ve been doing that but was thinking of a neater solution.

    I’ve ordered a couple of different clips based on the links you guys have kindly provided and I’ll have a play around with them. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.