Skip to content

Trip Reports and Travel / Archived topic

Life begins at Lambeh

Started by ajay ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Life begins at Lambeh

3 posts
  1. Hi folks,

    Just concluded a trip to Lambeh in mid-Jan. We asked our guide (as Solitude Lambeh Resort) we would like to see some eggs.. so we saw some eggs. The most notable event was a coconut octopus that was "birthing" (I think.. I need to check on the biology a bit) -- she was living in a jam jar, and I was excited enough to see a coconut. And then, boom, it stated blowing out loads of baby coconuts from its siphon. It was slightly dark, and my video light was bad, so I only managed to take a few photos (and, haha, my new A7 IV housing had some issue, so I was shooting with my ten year old Nex-7, so focusing was also slow). Anyway, if the reduced photos here are not clear, please feel free to look up the original sized images on my trip blog here: Lambeh report, Ajay, Jan 2023

    I also managed to get some photos of (about to hatch) squid and cuttlefish.. might post them if there is interest.

    Kind regards,

    Ajay.

     

    coconut-octpus-birthing-3_DSC02559.jpg

    coconut-octpus-birthing-4_DSC02560.jpg

  2. Hi Ajay:  Nice photos of the Bobbitt worms, where in Lembeh did you find them?
    For the record, here are photos of the original Bobbitt's: John, the Bobbitt worm donor and Lorena, the lady with the sharp knife:

    download.jpg.aafc580dee568f7f1e6419afc1050ebf.jpg   Lorena.jpg.672e27eca5929fdceafecd1ef1ef4820.jpg

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  3. 4 hours ago, Kraken de Mabini said:

    Hi Ajay:  Nice photos of the Bobbitt worms, where in Lembeh did you find them?
    For the record, here are photos of the original Bobbitt's: John, the Bobbitt worm donor and Lorena, the lady with the sharp knife:

    download.jpg.aafc580dee568f7f1e6419afc1050ebf.jpg   Lorena.jpg.672e27eca5929fdceafecd1ef1ef4820.jpg

    Haha.. I was completing my PhD in the US when the Bobbitt attack took place.. Still remember the news.

    The ones we saw were at the site called Retak Larry.

    Cheers

    Ajay

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.