Skip to content

Photography Gear and Technique / Archived topic

Which Housing for the Olympus TG6?

Started by Kraken de Mabini ·

  • 3Posts
  • 3Replies

Read-only discussion

Which Housing for the Olympus TG6?

3 posts
  1. I intend to buy an Olympus TG6 to use at home and also while diving. I had a TG4 with an Olympus housing and found the Olympus housing to be difficult to open and a bit awkward  to use.  Which housing have you used and would recommend?  Is the Ikelite housing easy to use and reliable for the long term? Thank you.  

     

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini
  2. @Kraken de Mabini did you find out? I'm keen to get a tg6 as a light travel option camera, and to help teach others

  3. Hi, Sinetwo: 
    Yes, I recently got a used Olympus TG-6 camera with an Ikelite housing, and mounted them on a two handle tray. The camera and tray I bouth used from eBay and the housing new from Ikelite, they assemble into a compact and easy to use unit. The TG6 takes excellent photos and is easy to use, with controls and plenty of settings to take from macro to wide angle land and  underwater photos. 
    John E. has a thoughtful discussion of the available housings and ports for the TG6 (1).

    For macro illumination I have used a Light&Motion Sola light with good results, and plan to use a small strobe such as a Sea&Sea YS-03 or -02.  I cut costs by making my own fiber-optic cables (2), and shopping for used equipment.

    References:

    1.https://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?/messenger/56862/&tab=comments#comment-113598

    2. https://wetpixel.com/forums/index.php?/topic/68058-single-and-multicore-fiber-optic-cables-some-practical-points/&tab=comments#comment-430236

    Edited by Kraken de Mabini

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.