Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Tokina 10-17mm vs Canon 10-22mm on a Canon 7d

Started by TkdCol ·

  • 2Posts
  • 2Replies

Read-only discussion

Tokina 10-17mm vs Canon 10-22mm on a Canon 7d

2 posts
  1. Hi, I'm looking at getting a wide angle lense (I can only afford one wide angle and one macro set-up atm, so both is not an option). The top 2 contenders seem to be the Tokina 10-17mm and the Canon 10-22mm. I hope to shoot larger animals like whales, sharks, large schools and to a lesser extend some reefscapes and wrecks. The Tokina seems to be the more popular lense, but I'm concerned about the ballooning that comes with the fish eye effect. Any advice or experience is appreciated.

    Thanks.

  2. Locking this topic as it is also posted in Photography Gear and Technique forum.  Please only post in one place I will delete your other duplicate post.

     

    Edited by ChrisRoss

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.