Skip to content

Beginner Forum / Archived topic

Camera Buttons Not Working Sea&Sea MDX-7100

Started by DiveMN ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Camera Buttons Not Working Sea&Sea MDX-7100

8 posts
  1. I'm having an issue with a new (to me) set up that I purchased. I have the MDX-7100 case and when I put the camera in, I can use the front aperture slider, flash button, shutter release ect. I can't use the back menu buttons as they appear to be off-alignment. Any suggestions?

  2. Check if there are any attachments on the back of the camera and remove them. For example, there might be a rubber piece around the viewfinder or a plastic cover over the LCD screen. 

  3. Good advice from mrchen911. It’s easy to forget to remove things - or perhaps not know you might need to. And is the camera on its slide/tray correctly - if the system has one?

  4. About 5 years ago I bought a used Nikon D300 with a Sea & Sea MDX-D300 housing from a user on the classified's forum here on WetPixel. The back buttons would not consistently work. Puzzling over this, I found a post here with this exact recommendation. Turned out that I needed to remove the plastic around the viewfinder. It was applying enough pressure to keep the housing buttons from making good contact. 

     

    View archived post in: Sea & Sea MDX-D600 - problems

     

  5. LOL, I had the same thing with a D300 and a Subal housing.

  6.  

    5 hours ago, mrchen911 said:

    Check if there are any attachments on the back of the camera and remove them. For example, there might be a rubber piece around the viewfinder or a plastic cover over the LCD screen. 

    Appreciate the response, I took off the rubber piece on the viewfinder and I'm still experiencing the same issue. 

  7. Could you post a pic of the camera in the housing without the back on?

  8. one of the butons might be stuck pressing on the button which locks the other buttons out.

     

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.