I’m getting the Divevolk housing for my iPhone 13 with a one-hand tray for a light. For the video light and I may have narrowed the search to a Sola - b/c they are lightweight and compact. Any suggestions about lumen, 2500 flood or 3800 flood? Also do you think a spot/flood light (Sola 2500 s/f) makes sense? I’ve also looked at the Backscatter MW-4300 but it’s heavier and bigger. Thanks in advance
Lights, Strobes, and Lighting Technique / Archived topic
Video light recommendations for a iPhone in housing
Started by Drshrinkwrap ·
- 2Posts
- 2Replies
Read-only discussion
Video light recommendations for a iPhone in housing
-
-
I think the DiveVolk is great. The new phones do surprisingly well in seemingly-daunting low light, but I think the 3800 is the way to go, between the two—you can dial it down if you don’t need it all, and it’s small for the amount of light. As to wanting a spot capability, unless you’re trying to shape the light, I don’t know why you’d benefit from it unless you’re using it handheld. Others may know better, though. Remember to use raw on the phone, and check that it’s on from time to time—it’s not very sticky.