Skip to content

Photo / Video Showcase / Archived topic

Blue Heron Bridge

Started by mrchen911 ·

  • 8Posts
  • 8Replies

Read-only discussion

Blue Heron Bridge

8 posts
  1. Here are a few photos I took on a recent night dive. Nikon D850, Sea&Sea MDX-850, Sea&Sea YS-01 Solis strobes, 105mm lens, +10 Subsee diopter.

    1676950945185.png.7e7f1f0b1c89657c5719886a817beffb.png1676950974839.png.8b0d6aa3145632fee779528e61c55b99.png1676951051100.png.e5f70044215cf5b3dfb59626f9322b8b.png1676951030858.png.b5c3aaca3745bc05fc9db856c881b385.png1676951001354.png.272da45dfcd8db2008f1ee4899ad8e4d.png

    Edited by mrchen911
  2. Awesome shots! I will be diving BHB again for a few days in May when I am traveling through the U.S. I am looking forward to it!

  3. Thanks! Send me a message when you come, and I'll try and join you for a dive.

  4. I dove again tonight. Water temp 77, vis 15-20 ft. 

     

    _DSC3663.jpg

    _DSC3685.jpg

    _DSC3687.jpg

    _DSC3696-Edit.jpg

    _DSC3700-Edit.jpg

    _DSC3712-Edit.jpg

  5. I purchased a MF2 with snoot. Here's some pictures from my 2nd time using it (the first time didn't work out well). I didn't do any cropping and think a couple of these could definitely benefit from it.

    _DSC5714-Edit.thumb.jpg.722d8a0aef5a378eb26ca321ae8aeaff.jpg_DSC5694-Edit.thumb.jpg.5dfd899319918f4345dd5dd0319648e6.jpg_DSC5668-Edit.thumb.jpg.830b6c0534216052646729518cdf22c2.jpg_DSC5652-Edit.thumb.jpg.d6437f82503f9392a82b03e313b10683.jpg_DSC5644-Edit.thumb.jpg.eef8c7fb8ea6675ea317a6f65b36cec6.jpg_DSC5621.thumb.jpg.c19c208faab943cec92f82cadc9aef69.jpg

  6. Got out for a night dive the other night. These pics made the cut. 35ft vis, 83 degree temp. Dove east side. I couldn't find any nudi's that night.

     

    _DSC6145-Edit.thumb.jpg.4ef6d4a8ad5c16a8ae72822207794269.jpg_DSC6139-Edit.thumb.jpg.5d96dd7ed58a7fa7de13dc5165a7df79.jpg_DSC6133-Edit.thumb.jpg.fbc5f48281ff0f939e9baed69b98f39e.jpg

  7. The snooted photographs are incredible! I love the catch lights on the subjects’ eyes. Or I guess rhinophores for the nudies lol. In particular, the first nudie with the creamsicle colored cerata, is a beautiful composition, and I’d be interested in seeing it cropped and in portrait orientation to really bring out the leading lines and framing.

    I grew up about 45 mins south from WPB and am wishing I was into UW photography at the time, so I could have dove the BHB without flying across the country. 
     

    Is it a relatively quality dive site? I saw there’s a dive shop on the bridge itself. I wonder what makes it such a locus for marine life, vs the hundreds of other bridges on A1A alone. 

    Edited by RocketFish17
  8. Thanks @RocketFish17. I agree, I needed to do some cropping. 

    As for BHB, the dive site is a muck dive. Very few corals and mostly manmade reefs made from rock, small boats, or parts from boats. There's also broken pylons from previous versions of the bridges and boat docks. It's still mostly sand, areas with hydroids, and rubble. For those who aren't aware of all the macro, they might enjoy seeing all the tropicals, the occasional spotted eagle rays, goliath grouper, spadefish, manatee, shark, etc. For those who are aware of the macro world, it's acres and acres of places to hunt for our favorite critters. My favorite dives are at night. Of my 350+ dives, I would say half were at the bridge. The amazing thing about the site is, how random it can be to what you find. No two dives are ever the same and if you feel like they are, then go to the other bridge for a few dives. I know divers with over 1000 dives just at the bridge.

    BTW: The dive shop at the bridge closed pre-covid due to costs and politics. Pura Vida and Force-E are still very close, and you'll have to drive past one depending upon the direction you drive from. 

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.