No TTL but strong video light. Guide number 22 so rather on the lower side. My current experiences with weefine are ok.
Specs look decent. Weefine usually makes quality products. Considering how new it is I doubt anyone has first hand experience.
Previous Weefine strobes had an issue with a dark spot in the middle of a beam - most likely caused by a poor reflector design. If it is fixed in this model, then it looks like a spiritual successor to i-Torch Symbiosis SS-3 - a good choice for someone like a dive guide who needs to take both photo and video, doesn't need particularly high image quality, but values a compact footprint.
seems to have potential, wait for the reviews I would suggest. GN might as well be works of fiction as everyone measures them differently. The central brightness as well as light falloff will be the key things to look for.
3000 lumens is good but not particularly powerful for a video light. Probably best suited for Go-Pros and compacts?
15 hours ago, ChrisRoss said:
seems to have potential, wait for the reviews I would suggest
This is exactly what I will do. Early adopter is more for the curious ones.... My existing flash is working, and adding a second one is no hurry. I found the announcement in the new UWPMag which I'm very happy to read every time
Today I saw an announcement that deliver is scheduled due to problems with the display.
Better not be an early adopter.
I was just looking at these. 3000 lumen is not bright enough for wide video, even with two of them. I also don’t see a GN listed for them, but at 60Ws they are also not very powerful as a strobe. For example, the only other mfg that uses Ws to measure strobe power (that I know of) is Ikelite, and for comparison DS162 is 160Ws which is more than twice the power. The DS162 is more expensive too. I do know that my Inon Z-330s (GN 33, $699) are a little brighter than the DS161s I used to have.
1 hour ago, LarryHallas said:
For example, the only other mfg that uses Ws to measure strobe power (that I know of) is Ikelite
Seacam, Subtronic, OneUW, Retra, SUPE all use W/s in their specs. Sea & Sea used to do it but stopped. As I recall, Inon Z-240s were measured at 54 W/s and Z-330s at 107 W/s, but this is not official info.
Problem with W/s is that it measures before the light gets put out. The end result depends on the efficiency of the Strobe Tube. You can clearly see this by the announcement of the new Retra flashes that have all been reduced by 10W/s in power to match the light output of the previous generation with the higher efficiency strobe tubes. It also means that the measured numbers by @Barmaglot are really just estimates based on the light output (unless they took apart the strobe and measured at the capacitor).
While GN is better to measure light output of strobes, we all know that the numbers that manufacturers publish on GN are dubious at best, so really the only way to know is to test a sample strobe. For the WFS-05 strobe (which I believe is similar, except for the 3k lm Videolight) there is one such test here which shows that these strobes are roughly comparable in power as the more entry level YS-01 and D-200, but with likely better light quality. Unfortunately the test doesn't show any images of the strobe pattern. For me, such a strobe would be powerful enough on MFT and 1" Compacts but probably not on larger sensor cameras.